Re: reloptions and toast tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reloptions and toast tables
Дата
Re: reloptions and toast tables  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On Sunday 21 December 2008 01:48:42 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> ALTER TABLE foo SET (TOAST autovacuum_enabled = false);
>>> ALTER TABLE foo SET (toast.autovacuum_enabled = false);
>>> ALTER TABLE foo TOAST SET (autovacuum_enabled = false);
>>> ALTER TABLE foo SET TOAST (autovacuum_enabled = false);
>>
>> The last two don't appear to allow setting TOAST and non-TOAST options in one
>> go.  I think it would be handy to allow that, though.

> Agreed -- so I'm now playing with this version:

> ALTER TABLE foo SET (TOAST autovacuum_enabled = false);

> So the grammar modifications needed to accept that are attached.  The
> support code is a lot messier than I'd like :-(

This is not only really ugly, but 100% toast-specific.  The
qualified-name approach ("toast.autovacuum_enabled") has at least
a chance of being good for something else.  Or just make it
toast_autovacuum_enabled and do the translation magic at some low
level in the statement execution code.

Сообщение: Re: sum() over (partition by order) question
Сообщение: Re: sum() over (partition by order) question