Re: SRA Win32 sync() code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SRA Win32 sync() code
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> Well, the bgwriter has basically the same chance the checkpointer has
> ... mdblindwrt() in the end, because he doesn't have the relcache handy.

We could easily get rid of mdblindwrt --- there is no very good reason
that we use the relcache for I/O.  There could and should be a
lower-level notion of "open relation" that bgwriter and checkpoint
could use.  See recent discussion with Neil, for example.  Vadim had
always wanted to do that, IIRC.