Re: Continue work on changes to recovery.conf API

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Continue work on changes to recovery.conf API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think this was the major point of contention.  I reread the old
> thread, and it's still not clear why we need to change this.  _type and
> _value look like an EAV system to me.  GUC variables should be
> verifiable independent of another variable.

No, they MUST be independently verifiable.  The interactions between
the check_xxx functions in this patch are utterly unsafe.  We've
learned that lesson before.

> I propose to move this patch forward, keep the settings as they are.  It
> can be another patch to rename or reshuffle them.

Please do not commit this in this state.

> I wonder if that would cause any problems.  The settings in
> postgresql.auto.conf are normally not PGC_POSTMASTER, otherwise you
> couldn't use ALTER SYSTEM to put them there.  Maybe it's OK.

Actually, that works fine.  You do have to restart the postmaster
to make them take effect, but it's the same as if you edited the
main config file by hand.