Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-09-29 12:14:40 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Looking closer, it's only since v16 that we have export list support
>> on all officially-supported platforms.

> Oh, right, before that Solaris didn't support it. I guess we could backpatch
> that commit, it's simple enough, but I don't think I care enough about Solaris
> to do so.

HPUX would be an issue too, as we never did figure out how to do
export control on that.  However, I doubt it would be a great idea
to back-patch export control in minor releases, even if we had
the patch at hand.  That would be an ABI break of its own, although
it'd only affect clients that hadn't done things quite correctly.

>> Therefore, I think the prudent thing to do in the back branches is use the
>> patch I posted before, to suppress the duplicate -l switches only on macOS.
>> In HEAD, I propose we simplify life by doing it everywhere, as attached.

> Makes sense.

Done that way.  Were you going to push the -Wl,-exported_symbols_list
change?