Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns

От PegoraroF10
Тема Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns
Дата
Re: Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Domains on Postgres are really strange to me. Am I creating a domain which is
exactly equal to integer, right ?

create domain i32 as integer;
create domain T50 as varchar(50);

Create table MyTable(
ID I32 not null primary key,
Description T50);

Then, after inserts and updates done to that table, I want to convert that
primary key to a identity column.

alter table MyTable alter ID add generated always as identity;

ERROR: identity column type must be smallint, integer, or bigint

So, What do I need do to create this identity column ?
Why Postgres consider different I32 and integer ?

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html