Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make initdb's suggested "pg_ctl start" command line more reliabl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make initdb's suggested "pg_ctl start" command line more reliabl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> More generally, I'm concerned that appendShellString() looks pretty
> attractive for future use.  It's not inconceivable that someone will
> want to use it for say calling pg_dump from pg_dumpall or pg_upgrade at
> some point, and then maybe we'll accidentally disallow LF/CR in
> tablespace names, say.

That's fair, but I'm not sure how you propose to avoid it, given that
we don't have a method for safely quoting those characters on Windows.

I would certainly far rather find a way to do that and then remove the
prohibition.  But lacking such a solution, we're going to be forced into
messy compromises.