Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Correct handling of blank/commented lines in PSQL interactive-mode history
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> writes:
> After a bit of investigation, it seems that patch attachments (like
> yours) with a Context-Type of "text/x-diff" download through Gmail in
> CRLF format for me (I'm running a browser on Windows, but my Postgres
> development environment is in a Linux VM). So those must get converted
> from Unix to CRLF format if downloaded using a browser running on
> Windows.
> The majority of patch attachments (?) seem to have a Context-Type of
> "application/octet-stream" or "text/x-patch", and these seem to

Interesting.  I can probably adjust my MUA to send "text/x-patch",
but I'll have to look around to see where that's determined.
(I dislike using "application/octet-stream" for this, because
the archives won't show that as text, they only let you download
the attachment.  Maybe that's more Safari's fault than the
archives per se, not sure.)