Re: Dollar in identifiers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dollar in identifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane writes:
>> Quite awhile back, we had a discussion about removing "$" from the set
>> of allowed characters in operator names, and instead allowing it as a
>> non-first character in identifiers.

> I agree with the first one, but does it have to imply the second?

It does not have to, but then we'd only be using "$" for parameters,
which seems like we're not getting our money's worth out of the
character (pun intended).  Also, the original point of that discussion
was that Oracle allows "$" in identifiers, and people wanted to port
Oracle code without having to rename their stuff.