Re: Adaptive query optimization

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: Adaptive query optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>I tried to create much simpler version of AQO based on auto_explain
>>extension.
>>This extension provide all necessary infrastructure to analyze
>>statements with long execution time.
>>I have added two new modes to auto_explain:
>>1. Auto generation of multicolumn statistics for variables using in
>>clauses with large estimation error.

>Interesting! I probably wouldn't consider this part of adaptive query
>optimization, but it probably makes sense to make it part of this. I
>wonder if we might improve this to also suggest "missing" indexes?

Shouldn't this be extended to adjust the default_statistics_target
configuration
variable,  or on a column-by-column basis by setting the per-column
statistics
target with ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET STATISTICS ?

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html