Re: pg_dump broken for non-super user

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump broken for non-super user
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Attached patch implements this change to not LOCK the table in cases
> where we don't need to.  I'll push this with my other changes to pg_dump
> tomorrow (and I've included it in an updated, complete, set of patches
> sent on the thread where those changes were being discussed already).

> Wanted to include it here also for completeness.

> Comments welcome, of course.

Minor suggestion: instead of putting these comments and hardwired
knowledge here, I'd suggest putting them adjacent to the list of
DUMP_COMPONENT #defines, creating a symbol along the lines of
DUMP_COMPONENTS_REQUIRING_TABLE_LOCK.  That approach would make it
far more likely that somebody changing the list of DUMP_COMPONENT
elements in future would notice the possible need to adjust the
requires-lock list.