Re: Termination When Switching between PL/Perl and PL/PerlU

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Termination When Switching between PL/Perl and PL/PerlU
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> Found in 8.4.2, replicated in HEAD. Steps:
>>
>> 1. Create PL/Perl function.
>> 2. Run it.
>> 3. Create same function with PL/PerlU
>> 4. Run it.
>> 5. Create same function again with PL/Perl
>> 6. Boom.

> This was just discussed in -HACKERS. Have a look at the archives.

No, this is something different, because it still crashes even with the
fix for that other issue.  I see this in the postmaster log:

panic: free from wrong pool.
LOG:  server process (PID 15697) exited with exit code 255

There's no core dump (thank you, perl).  The lower-case panic message
must be from libperl because PG has no such message.  I guess that we
probably need to fix this by changing the timing of interpreter
switching relative to throwing away the old compiled function ...