Re: pgstat wait timeout (RE: contrib/cache_scan)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgstat wait timeout (RE: contrib/cache_scan)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We've seen sporadic reports of that sort of behavior for years, but no
>> developer has ever been able to reproduce it reliably.  Now that you've
>> got a reproducible case, do you want to poke into it and see what's going
>> on?

> I didn't know we were trying to reproduce it, nor that it was a mystery.
>  Do anything that causes serious IO constipation, and you will probably see
> that message.

The cases that are a mystery to me are where there's no reason to believe
that I/O is particularly overloaded.  But perhaps Kaigai-san's example is
only that ...

Сообщение: Re: The case against multixact GUCs
Сообщение: Re: The case against multixact GUCs