Re: BUG: text(varchar) truncates at 31 bytes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG: text(varchar) truncates at 31 bytes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:
>> Perhaps it'd be a better idea for the option of a freebie conversion
>> to be checked earlier, say immediately after we discover there is no
>> exact match for the function name and input type.  Thomas, what do you
>> think?

> We *really* need that catalog lookup first. Otherwise, we will never be
> able to override the hardcoded compatibility assumptions in that
> matching routine.

Sure, I said *after* we fail to find an exact match.  But the "freebie"
match is for a function name that matches a type name and is
binary-compatible with the source type.  That's not a weak constraint.
ISTM that interpretation should take priority over interpretations that
involve more than one level of transformation.

Сообщение: Re: Unicode combining characters
Сообщение: Re: Unicode combining characters