Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Threads vs Processes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Threads vs Processes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Surely the addresses can be assumed constant within a thread.
>> Otherwise we have a problem here too.

> Quoting from the MSDN:
> The address of a thread local object is not considered constant, and any
> expression involving such an address is not considered a constant
> expression.

Ah.  That's probably reasonable.  Still a bit of a PITA for us, as there
are various places that do give a static variable an initializer
pointing to another static.  But that could be worked around I think.
I thought you were saying that the compiler would forbid taking a TLS
variable's address even at runtime.