RE: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text

От legrand legrand
Тема RE: [survey] New "Stable" QueryId based on normalized query text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
>> From: legrand legrand [mailto:legrand_legrand@]
>> There are many projects that use alternate QueryId
>> distinct from the famous pg_stat_statements jumbling algorithm.

>I'd like to welcome the standard QueryID that DBAs and extension developers
can depend on.
>Are you surveying the needs for you to develop the QueryID that can meet as
many needs as possible?

Yes, I would like first to understand what are the main needs,
then identify how it would be possible to implement it
in core, in a new extension or simply with a modified pg_stat_statements.
(I'm just a DBA not a C developer, so it will only be restricted to very
simple enhancements)

>> needs.1: stable accross different databases,

>Does this mean different database clusters, not different databases in a
single database cluster?

Same looking query should give same QueryId on any database (in the same
cluster or in distinct clusters). It can be differentiated with dbid.

>needs.5: minimal overhead to calculate

OK will add it

>needs.6: doesn't change across database server restarts

Really ? does this already occurs ?

>needs.7: same value on both the primary and standby?

I would say yes (I don't use standby) isn't this included into needs.1 ?

>> norm.9: comments aware

>Is this to distinguish queries that have different comments for optimizer
hints?  If yes, I agree.

Yes and others like playing with :
set ...
select /* test 1*/ ...

set ...
select /* test 2*/ ...

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system