improvement of Postgres-specific support in Ansible

От Andrey Klychkov
Тема improvement of Postgres-specific support in Ansible
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all !

There is the Ansible postgresql working group https://github.com/ansible/community/wiki/PostgreSQL
that was created a couple of months ago (thanks Ansible engineers Dag Wieers (@dagwieers) and John R. Barcker (@gundalow) for support).

Over the last 3 months we've added 4 new modules to 6 existing, these are:
postgresql_idx
postgresql_ping
postgresql_query
postgresql_tablespace

I've also completed 4 new modules that waiting for the second approval or reviews:
postgresql_facts (good reviewed, has shipit, needs the second one) https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/51164
postgresql_set (good reviewed, has shipit, needs the second one) https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/51875

Would be better to see them merged until 21 March Ansible ver. 2.8 feature freeze.

Who's interested in significant improvement of Postgres-specific support, uses Ansible, and familiar with Python,
please, look at the pull requests above and approve them by writing shipit to a new comment or give your opinion how to make them better.

And also welcome to https://github.com/ansible/community/wiki/PostgreSQL
The community pinboard for communication is here https://github.com/ansible/community/issues/435

If you have any questions, please, ask me directly by email.

Thank you!

--
Regards,
Andrew K.