Re: Patch: add conversion from pg_wchar to multibyte

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: add conversion from pg_wchar to multibyte
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> It's likely we also need to assign some names to all these numbers
> (0xf0, 0xf4, 0xfe, 0x9c, 0x9d). But it's hard for me to invent such names.

The encoding ID byte values already have names (see pg_wchar.h), but the
private prefix bytes don't.  I griped about that upthread.  I agree this
code needs some basic readability cleanup that's independent of your
feature addition.  It'd likely be reasonable to do that as a separate
patch.