Re: = TRUE vs IS TRUE confuses partition index creation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: = TRUE vs IS TRUE confuses partition index creation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> writes:
> When an index is created on the root of a (declarative) partitioned table, that index is also created on the
children,unless there is an existing index on that child that matches the definition of the new index.  It seems that
using`= TRUE` confuses it, compared to `IS TRUE`.

IIRC, "b = true" will be simplified to just "b" somewhere in expression
preprocessing.  I'm betting that something in the partitioned index
matching code is applying that preprocessing to one index predicate and
not the other, whereupon they look different.  If that's the explanation,
there are likely other cases that should match and fail to.

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17349: Function gen_random_uuid duplicates in pgcrypto and core
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17349: Function gen_random_uuid duplicates in pgcrypto and core