Re: proposal: variadic argument support for least, greatest function

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: proposal: variadic argument support for least, greatest function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Latest patch passes installcheck-world as of d26a810 and does what it sets out to do.

I am not sure I have an answer to the objections being raised on grounds of taste. To me, it's persuasive that GREATEST
andLEAST are described in the docco as functions, they are used much like variadic functions, and this patch allows
themto be used in the ways you would expect variadic functions to be usable.

But as to technical readiness, this builds and passes installcheck-world. The functions behave as expected (and return
nullif passed an empty array, or an array containing only nulls, or variadic null::foo[]).

Still no corresponding regression tests or doc.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author