Re: Strange behavior of "=" as assignment operator

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange behavior of "=" as assignment operator
Дата
Re: Strange behavior of "=" as assignment operator  (David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> * Moshe Jacobson (moshe@neadwerx.com) wrote:
>> Any PG committers who can change this in 9.3?

> It will certainly not be changed for 9.3.

IMO, if we do anything about this at all, it should be to document the
"=" option not remove it.  If we change it, the squawks from people who
were (perhaps unintentionally) depending on the current behavior will
outnumber the plaudits from people who think that such a change is a
good idea by several orders of magnitude.