Re: Enderbury Island disappeared from timezone database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Enderbury Island disappeared from timezone database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru> writes:
> I've encountered following problem compiling PostgreSQL 15.4 with just
> released Ubuntu 23.10.

> I'm compiling postgres with --with-system-tzdata and then regression
> test sysviews fails with following diff:
> +ERROR:  time zone "Pacific/Enderbury" not recognized
> +DETAIL:  This time zone name appears in the configuration file for time zone abbreviation "phot".

Hmph.  Pacific/Enderbury is still defined according to tzdata 2023c,
which is the latest release:

$ grep Enderbury src/timezone/data/tzdata.zi
L Pacific/Kanton Pacific/Enderbury

Did Ubuntu decide to remove *all* backzone links from their data?
Or just that one?  Either way, I think they're going to get a tsunami
of pushback pretty quickly.  People like their obsolete zone names.