[HACKERS] Shrink volume of default make output

От Jim Nasby
Тема [HACKERS] Shrink volume of default make output
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Shrink volume of default make output  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Shrink volume of default make output  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Shrink volume of default make output  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
The recent thread about compiler warnings got me thinking about how it's
essentially impossible to notice warnings with default make output.
Perhaps everyone just uses make -s by default, though that's a bit
annoying since you get no output unless something does warn (and then
you don't know what directory it was in).

Is it worth looking into this? I'm guessing this may be moot with the
CMake work, but it's not clear when that'll make it in. In the meantime,
ISTM http://stackoverflow.com/a/218295 should be an easy change to make
(though perhaps with a variable that gives you the old behavior).
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)