1.3. Creating a Database (on Windows) - User Experience

От PG Doc comments form
Тема 1.3. Creating a Database (on Windows) - User Experience
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/tutorial-createdb.html

Hi,

I'm following your tutorial to learn PostgreSQL. When I try to create a
database, I keep getting a "password authentication failed" error, that
doesn't let me continue. The problem was not issued in the tutorial. I did a
quick googling, and found that the problem was that postgres was installed
as admin, so the pass I set up in the installation wizard was for the main
admin account, "postgres".
Maybe you could add that the solution is pretty simple, just do a: createdb
-U postgres mydb, and it will work flawlessly.

Thanks for the tutorial!