Re: schema error upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: schema error upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

TL> Vivek Khera <khera@kcilink.com> writes:
>> "owner_lastbilled" date DEFAULT 'CURRENT_DATE' NOT NULL,

TL> The above was never correct.  I believe that 7.1's rather lax date
TL> parser might have interpreted the literal as being 'current'.  7.2's

Then how come pg_dump outputs it that way?  Is it because that's how I
did it when creating the schema in the first place?

I guess I extended putting the quotes around that because of the
warnings about putting quotes around 'NOW()' as a default.  My
mistake...

TL> Because it is not one: it is a datatype behavioral change.

It isn't documented in the HISTORY file in any way shape or form.
Where else should I look for potential traps in validating my app
under 7.2?

Thanks.

Сообщение: Re: Ordering 'A', 'B', ..., 'Z', 'AA', 'AB', ...
Сообщение: Re: Ordering 'A', 'B', ..., 'Z', 'AA', 'AB', ...