Re: Git conversion status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Re: Git conversion status  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is not even close to matching the tarballs :-(.  Seems to be a
>> locale problem: the diffs look like
>>
>> 1c1
>> < /* $PostgreSQL: pgsql/contrib/citext/citext.sql.in,v 1.3 2008/09/05 18:25:16 tgl Exp $ */
>> ---
> /* $PostgreSQL: pgsql/contrib/citext/citext.sql.in,v 1.3 2008-09-05 18:25:16 tgl Exp $ */

> As a curiosity, I do prefer the dashed dates. I have had a number of
> cases where I have to change dashes to slashes when passing ISO dates as
> parameters to CVS.  Shame they improve it just as we are leaving CVS.

Yeah.  It appears that this was prompted by a desire to match ISO style
going forward.  I wouldn't be against that necessarily if we were
keeping the keywords and not getting rid of them.  But since we are
going to get rid of them going forward, I think what we want this
conversion to do is match what's in the historical tarballs.