Re: Choice of DB

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: Choice of DB
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
To prevent any database war, I would suggest you to try a little POC ...

Regarding your testcase, I think that Postgresql can work fine, with the
expected performances.

What is much complicated is evaluating the migration effort ...

List all the Datatypes, object types you are using with Firebird,
and if you are using PL (triggers, functions, ...)
and check what are the corresponding datatypes / objects or corresponding
PL/pgsql syntax.

Then choose the more representative part of your application (a simple table
set, PK, FK)
and try to migrate it.
Reload sample data, and test !

You will have a much better view of the chances of success ;o)

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-novice-f2132464.html