Re: Help, I dropped a system datatype, and now I'm ....

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help, I dropped a system datatype, and now I'm ....
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dave Cramer" <Dave@micro-automation.net> writes:
>> Oops.  Consider not doing your development work as superuser ;-)

> What is the definition of superuser? most of my users have the ability to
> createdb. This seems to give them superuser priveleges. Is that correct?

Somebody whose 'usesuper' flag is set in pg_shadow is a superuser.

IIRC, the CREATE USER command and createuser script mislabel that
feature as "ability to create other users", but it's really
superuserness.  Ability to create databases (usecreatedb flag in
pg_shadow) is a separate attribute that you can grant without granting
superuserness.

Also, you can try turning off 'usecatupd' in pg_shadow to make a
not-quite-so-super user (suffering from effects of exposure to
kryptonite, I suppose) but I am not sure exactly what that does or
how consistently it's applied.