Re: PANIC: can't juggle and compress too

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PANIC: can't juggle and compress too
Дата
Re: PANIC: can't juggle and compress too  (Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Dror Matalon <dror@zapatec.com> writes:
>> Oct 28 01:04:50 ...  postgres[7572]: [52227-1] PANIC: can't juggle and compress too

>> What does the error message mean?

> It's an unimplemented case in FSM memory management.  I thought that
> it was a can't-happen case; either I was wrong and it does need to be
> implemented, or there's a bug elsewhere that's triggering the failure
> condition.

I've concluded that that case does need to be handled; I think it can
arise in situations where a relation's allocated share of FSM space
decreases due to roundoff error.  Fix committed accordingly.