Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 15 April 2013 16:24, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>> Do you have numbers on this, or ways to gather same?  In other words,
>> how do we know what resources (time, CPU cycles, disk seeks, etc.) are
>> being consumed here?

> The multi-insert optimisation for COPY is already there and works well
> enough to have been committed.

You seem to not have answered the question.  Exactly what sort of
performance gain might be possible, bearing in mind that anything that
invokes a trigger (for instance) is unlikely to be amazingly fast
anyway?

Сообщение: Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions
Сообщение: Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions