Re: Password management in PostgreSQL

От pavan95
Тема Re: Password management in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Community,

I wanted to know if password can be managed by the respective users at the
time of their login, after their password has been expired?

Consider the following case:

*postgres=#  create user pavan with login password 'password' valid until
'November 5 16:30:00 2018';*
CREATE ROLE
\q

/>psql -d postgres -U pavan
Password for user pavan:XXXXXXXX

postgres=> select current_timestamp;
              now
-------------------------------
* 2018-11-05 15:31:11.394+05:30*

\q

*Now at : 2018-11-05 16:31:11.394+05:30*

/>psql -d postgres -U pavan
Password for user pavan: XXXXXXXX
*psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "pavan"*

Now due to that "VALID UNTIL" option password got expired at 16:30 Hrs.

Now how can I ask user "pavan" to change his password at the time of login
without administrator intervening into it??

*I have checked with Oracle team, it provides this facility in-built.  I
hope postgres is not provided with this type of password management
mechanism.

If so, can we think of a alternative wherein the corresponding user can be
enable to change his/her password??*

Looking forward to hear your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pavan

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html