Re: BUG #16059: Tab-completion of filenames in COPY commands removes required quotes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16059: Tab-completion of filenames in COPY commands removes required quotes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2019-Dec-11, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Are people still compiling against libedit and then redirecting to
>> libreadline at runtime? I seem to recall some discussion about this
>> being a thing, many years ago.

> Yeah, Debian did that out of licensing concerns.  It seems they still do
> that, based on
> https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/postgresql-client-12

I think it's Debian's problem, not ours, if that doesn't work.  It is
not unreasonable for a package to probe existence of a library function
at configure time.  It's up to them to make sure that the headers match
the actual library.