Re: Indexes not used

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Indexes not used
Дата
voodoo index usage ;)  ("D. Duccini" <duccini@backpack.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
"D. Duccini" <duccini@backpack.com> writes:
>> VACUUM ANALYZE

> i've done this as well, but it gives me no output other than "VACUUM"

That's what it's supposed to do.

> or does it work silently in the background?

If you want noise, try VACUUM VERBOSE ANALYZE.

Anyway: don't the EXPLAIN numbers change once you've done VACUUM
ANALYZE?  How many rows are there matching 'someuser', anyhow?

It might be useful to see the planner's statistics, too -- try

select attname,attdisbursion,s.*
from pg_statistic s, pg_attribute a, pg_class c
where starelid = c.oid and attrelid = c.oid and staattnum = attnum
and relname = 'FOO';

(substitute name of interesting table for FOO)