Re: Is it possible to store the output of EXPLAIN into a table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is it possible to store the output of EXPLAIN into a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Souvik Bhattacherjee <kivuosb@gmail.com> writes:
> I was just wondering if it is possible to store the output of EXPLAIN into
> a table.

EXPLAIN won't do that directly, but you could make a plpgsql function
along the lines of

      for t in execute explain ...
         return next t;

(too lazy to check the exact details here, but I believe you can find
related examples in our regression tests) and then store the function's
result into a table.