Re: feature request for Postgresql Rule system.

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: feature request for Postgresql Rule system.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> What I was trying to explain is that all of your statements *are*
> succeeding. A WHERE clause in an UPDATE may match zero or more rows. The
> second UPDATE in your rule matches zero rows.

I see, that makes sense. I guess that my confussion was that update 0 was
not the same as success.

> You need to examine that UPDATE, because it's not doing what you expect.
> Perhaps you have several int fields in each table, and you're comparing
> against the wrong one in the WHERE clause? We need to see your table
> definitions and perhaps some sample content to help you further.

Below is my sample table, update-able view and update rule.

CREATE TABLE    public.person(
id        integer        primary key not null
                                default
                                nextval('public.person_seq'),
name        varchar(30)    unique not null);

CREATE TABLE    public.wife(
    id        integer        primary key
                    references person(id)
                    on delete cascade,
    dresssize    integer        not null);

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW public.vwife (id, name, dresssize)  AS
SELECT A.id, A.name, B.dresssize
FROM public.person as A
INNER JOIN public.wife as B
ON A.id = B.ID;

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE vwife_update
AS ON UPDATE TO public.vwife
DO INSTEAD
(
UPDATE public.person SET name = NEW.name
WHERE id = OLD.id;
UPDATE public.wife SET dresssize = NEW.dresssize
WHERE id = OLD.id
);

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.