Re: Performance of INSERT into temporary tables using psqlODBCdriver

От padusuma
Тема Re: Performance of INSERT into temporary tables using psqlODBCdriver
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Sergei,
>> The data to be inserted into temporary tables is obtained from one or
>> more
>> queries run earlier and the data is available as a vector of strings.
>You can not use "insert into temp_table select /*anything you wish*/"
statement?
>Or even insert .. select ... returning if you need receive data to
application?
Unfortunately, the existing functionality in our application is in such a
manner that the data returned from one or more SELECT queries is processed
by server business logic and filtered, and the filtered data is then
inserted into the temporary tables. This is the reason I could not use
insert into ... select ... or insert ... select ... returning statements.

>> If I need to use COPY FROM command, then the application would need to
>> create a
>> file with the data to be inserted
>You can not using "copy from stdin" statement?
Thank you for suggesting the usage of "copy from stdin". I am not sure how
to pass the values to be inserted as input for "COPY FROM STDIN" statement
from my application based on psqlODBC driver. Can someone point me to an
example or suggest how to pass data from a client application to "COPY FROM
STDIN" statement?
Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-performance-f2050081.html

От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: Re: Performance of INSERT into temporary tables using psqlODBC driver
От: Tim Cross
Сообщение: Re: Performance of INSERT into temporary tables using psqlODBC driver