Re: BUG #16147: postgresql 12.1 (from homebrew) - pg_restore -h localhost --jobs=2 crashes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16147: postgresql 12.1 (from homebrew) - pg_restore -h localhost --jobs=2 crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Bug reference:      16147
> Logged by:          Bill Tihen
> Email address:      btihen@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.1
> Operating system:   MacOS 10.15.1

> The following command crashes with any database I've tried (both large and
> small) DBs:
> `pg_restore -U wti0405 -d stage3 -h localhost --jobs=8 -Fc
> database_12_04-01-00.bak -x`

I failed to reproduce this on my own 10.15.1 laptop, using manual
builds of either HEAD or the v12 branch.  Plausible reasons for
the difference in results might include:

* There's something different about the homebrew build (could we
see the output of pg_config?)

* There's something unusual about your configuration (one thought
that comes to mind: do you have SSL turned on for localhost
connections?)

* There's something about the data in this specific database
(your report that it happens for multiple databases puts a crimp
in this idea, though maybe they all share a common feature)

Anyway, we need more info to investigate.  You might try looking
into the server log to see what the failure looks like from that
side --- is there a query error, or just the worker disconnecting
unexpectedly?