Performance of INSERT into temporary tables using psqlODBC driver

От padusuma
Тема Performance of INSERT into temporary tables using psqlODBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I am working on adding support for PostgreSQL database for our application.
In a lot of our use-cases, data is inserted into temporary tables using
INSERT INTO statements with bind parameters, and subsequently queries are
run by joining to these temp tables. Following is some of the data for these
INSERT statements:

Table definition: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE Table1( auid varchar(15) ) ON
COMMIT DELETE ROWS;

SQL statement: INSERT INTO Table1 (uidcol) VALUES (:1);

Time taken to insert 24428 rows: 10.077 sec
Time taken to insert 32512 rows: 16.026 sec
Time taken to insert 32512 rows: 15.821 sec
Time taken to insert  6107 rows: 1.514 sec

I am looking for suggestions to improve the performance of these INSERT
statements into temporary tables. Database is located on a Linux VM and the
version is "PostgreSQL 10.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-18), 64-bit". The application is running on a
windows platform and connecting to the database using psqlODBC driver
version 10.03.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-performance-f2050081.html