Re: Bug in ginRedoRecompress that causes opaque data on page to beoverrun

От R, Siva
Тема Re: Bug in ginRedoRecompress that causes opaque data on page to beoverrun
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander!
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 09:16 PM, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Do you have a test scenario for reproduction of this issue?  We need
> it to ensure that fix is correct.

Unfortunately, I do not have a way of reproducing this issue.
So far I have tried a workload consisting of inserts (of the
same attribute value that is indexed), batch deletes of rows
and vacuum interleaved with engine crash/restarts.

Hi Peter!
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 09:55 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I wonder how you managed to detect it in the first place. Were you
> using something like wal_consistency_checking=all, with a custom
> stress-test?

We observed this corruption during stress testing and were
able to isolate the corrupted page and WAL record changes
leading up to the corruption using some internal diagnostic
tools.

Best
Siva

Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Сообщение: Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE