Re: cannot assign non-composite value to a row variable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cannot assign non-composite value to a row variable
Дата
Re: cannot assign non-composite value to a row variable  (Eliot Gable <egable+pgsql-general@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl> writes:
> I'm pretty sure you have a naming conflict.

Yeah.  Specifically, the given example looks like it would try to assign
a null to the target variable, since it'd be taking the null value of a
different variable instead of a value from the intended source.

I believe the bizarre error message is coming from a plpgsql bug that we
fixed in 8.4.3, which basically was that assigning a null to a composite
variable would fail in some cases.  If you weren't shooting yourself in
the foot with naming conflicts, you might not trip over that case ...
but an update to 8.4.recent wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.