Re: Relation bulk write facility

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Relation bulk write facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 04:34:47PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I agree with Andres though, that unless someone raises their hand and
>> volunteers to properly maintain the AIX support, we should drop it.

> There's no way forward in which AIX support stops doing net harm.  Even if AIX
> enthusiasts intercepted would-be buildfarm failures and fixed them before
> buildfarm.postgresql.org could see them, the damage from the broader community
> seeing the AIX-specific code would outweigh the benefits of AIX support.  I've
> now disabled the animals for v17+, though each may do one more run before
> picking up the disable.

So, we now need to strip the remnants of AIX support from the code and
docs?  I don't see that much of it, but it's misleading to leave it
there.

(BTW, I still want to nuke the remaining snippets of HPPA support.
I don't think it does anybody any good to make it look like that's
still expected to work.)