Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: pg_verify_checksums and -fno-strict-aliasing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.08.2018, 22:02 +0200 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> PFA some *very* basic tests for pg_verify_checksums, which should at
> least be enough to catch the kind of errors we had now in the tool
> itself.

I proposed something similar for pg_basebackup back then and IIRC Peter
(rightfully) complained that using a system catalog for that wasn't so
great - also, are you sure the relfilenode will always be stable? Then
again, this is obviously a throw-away data directory so it should be no
general issue, just a matter of taste.

https://github.com/credativ/pg_checksums/blob/master/t/001_checksums.pl
has some similar tests at the end but creates a table for corruption,
adds some safeguards for block size and also uses  command_checks_all()
to parse the output. It's PGDG licensed so you're welcome to take some
or all of that.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz