Re: feature request: show pgsql version when running initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: feature request: show pgsql version when running initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> Moral of the story, if it's in your path first then it's the default and you
> should therefore be happy with the results or be prepared to live with them,
> otherwise make sure what you're running.

I would think that having initdb print its version while running would
be in the category of "too late to help" anyway.  Making a habit of
running "initdb --version" in advance seems like much the better way
to proceed, if this is a problem for you.

Personally I've never had such a mistake occur, even though I normally
have several different PG installations active on my development
machines.  I think this is because I always set PATH, PGPORT, and PGDATA
consistently --- rather than manipulating them by hand, I have little
scripts that I run to make one installation or another the "active" one.