Re: [HACKERS] Small fix: avoid passing null pointers to memcpy()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Small fix: avoid passing null pointers to memcpy()
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Small fix: avoid passing null pointers to memcpy()  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
didier <did447@gmail.com> writes:
> A smaller version removing memset in print_aligned_text function.
> The line is redundant , header_done isn't used yet and it's either
> pg_malloc0 or null.

Hm, I see the theoretical problem ...

> Without this patch make check fails 3 tests if pg is compiled with
> -fsanitize=address,undefined

... but if that's the only evidence of an actual problem, I can't
get excited about it.  ASAN complains about many things in Postgres,
and most of them are pretty hypothetical.