Re: Re: RELEASE STOPPER? nonportable int64 constants in pg_crc.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: RELEASE STOPPER? nonportable int64 constants in pg_crc.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> Can we use (long long) rather than LL?
>>
>> No.

> Can I ask how 0LL is different from (long long)0?

The former is a long-long-int constant ab initio.  The latter is an int
constant that is subsequently casted to long long.  If you write(long long) 12345678901234567890
I'd expect a compiler that warns about larger-than-int constants to
produce a warning anyway, since the warning is only looking at the
constant and not its context of use.  (If the warning had that much
intelligence, it'd not be complaining now.)