Re: BUG #2290: Incorrect sequence increment after backup/restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2290: Incorrect sequence increment after backup/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Oleg Mamontov" <oleg@mamontov.net> writes:
> If after CREATE TABLE with SERIAL column i'll change sequence increment to 2
> or some other value (with ALTER SEQUENCE) then always work correctly (all
> inserted rows will have values incremented by 2).

We currently consider that a serial column is a "black box" and you
should not mess with its underlying sequence directly.  If you want
nondefault properties for the sequence, create it as an independent
sequence object and then just declare the column as "integer
default nextval('seq')".