Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread  (Erik Price <eprice@ptc.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> Interesting thread (php-dev subj: removing bundled libmysql):
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=105621066832429&w=2

Hoo boy.  Did you catch the part about

>> and the MySQL 3.2.23
>> library can't connect to MySQL 4.1 servers, rendering it broken.

Backwards compatibility must not be a consideration over there...

> We need to use this opportunity to encourage PHP folks to switch to
> PostgreSQL.

Indeed.  What can we do exactly?

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread