BUG #15313: Waiting `startup` process on a streaming replica

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #15313: Waiting `startup` process on a streaming replica
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15313
Logged by:          Victor Yegorov
Email address:      vyegorov@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (trusty)

We have one customer, that get one of their HotStandby replicas to be stuck
via `startup` process deadlock against session.
Case can be reproduced, we've installed dbg packages and collected
backtraces (I will attach them in a followup e-mail).

This happens during schema changes on the master. Processes is being far
from optimal, as they re-create all triggers,
views and materialized views in the scope. We've recommended this customer
to avoid such heavy schema changes.

Still, as we have evidence at hands, here comes the report.