Re: fixing PQsetvalue()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fixing PQsetvalue()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So I finally got around to taking a look at this patch, and I guess my
> basic feeling is that I like it.  The existing code is pretty weird
> and inconsistent: the logic in PQsetvalue() basically does the same
> thing as the logic in pqAddTuple(), but incompatibly and less
> efficiently.  Unifying them seems sensible, and the fix looks simple
> enough to back-patch.

Yeah, I've been looking at it too.  For some reason I had had the
idea that the proposed patch complicated the code, but actually it's
simplifying it by removing almost-duplicate code.  So that's good.

The patch as proposed adds back a bug in return for the one it fixes
(you can not free() the result of pqResultAlloc()), but that's easily
fixed.

Will fix and commit.

Сообщение: Re: Single pass vacuum - take 1
Сообщение: Re: Single pass vacuum - take 1