Compiling on Solaris with Sun compiler

От Lee Kindness
Тема Compiling on Solaris with Sun compiler
Дата
Re: Compiling on Solaris with Sun compiler  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut writes:> Lee Kindness writes:> > For your information I've attached the man page for the Sun C> >
compiler,which explicitly lists the -h and -R flags.> I didn't read much farther than>      acc (SPARC only) is not
intended to  be  used  directly  on>      Solaris  2.x. ;-)

Touche, but the man page for the front-end (plain old cc) doesn't list
options and only refers to the acc man page ;)

Onto another Solaris compilation issue...

After a simple './configure' on a stock Solaris 2.6 box the
compilation of interfaces/ecpg/lib/execute.c fails due to the macro
definition of 'gettext' to ''. This macro is invoked on the prototype
of gettext() in libintl.h (included via locale.h).

A './configure --enable-nls' is needed.

To properly fix the problem either:
1. Don't include or use locale functions in execute.c unless   --enable-locale has been specified.
2. In execute.c the include for locale.h whould be moved above that   of postgres_fe.h
3. Replace '#define gettext' in c.h with something more unique   (PG_gettext perhaps?)

Regards, Lee Kindness.