BUG #15263: pg_dump / psql failure. When loading,psql does not see function-based constraints or indices

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #15263: pg_dump / psql failure. When loading,psql does not see function-based constraints or indices
Дата
Ответы Re: BUG #15263: pg_dump / psql failure. When loading, psql does notsee function-based constraints or indices  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15263
Logged by:          Brian Ceccarelli
Email address:      ceccareb@talusmusic.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.4
Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5

This problem is easy to duplicate.

I have a database with a table with a function-based check constraint.
The database has another table with a function-based index.
I dump with COPY statements (the default).

When I load the database from the dump I just created, loading (via psql)
logs error messages.  Postgres cannot find functions inside the function the
constraint or index invokes.   You will see.   The following zip file
contains a schema that caused the problem.   Just create a database and run
dumpfailureexample.sql.    pg_dump the database.   psql to load the
database.   The load log is dumpfailureexample.log.

http://talussoftware.com/docs/dumpfailure.zip

I discovered this problem when I dumped a Postgres 9.6.2 DB to a 10.4 DB.
When I dump using 9's version of pg_dump, the subsequent load works.    When
I dump using 10's pg_dump, the subsequent load fails.